& BIDDING CLOSED
Located about one hour from College Station, halfway between Dallas and Houston, Champion Ranch boasts over 5,000± acres of prime ranch land.
Atop oak tree studded sandy loam hills, the property includes an idyllic owner’s home on a private 78± acre lake. In addition, the ranch has numerous barns, eight guest and ranch houses, and a 16-person “bunkhouse.”
Amongst over 20 additional lakes, stock ponds and live river streams, Champion Ranch is also home to a sprawling peach orchard that currently produces 18 varieties of peaches.
Dinner and dancing are conducted in the 2,200 sq. ft. on-property Saloon. With two bars, a piano and sound system, the Saloon seats up to 130 guests for corporate or private events.
There are 36 oil and gas wells situated on the property. The underground mineral ownership rights, included in the deal, currently produce significant income as well as prospective future fortunes.
Livestock includes herds of purebred Brangus breeder cattle and award-winning horses. Ranch equipment and more are offered in the “turn key” sale.
The Richard Wallrath Educational Foundation, established in 2006, is slated to receive the majority proceeds of the multi-million dollar ranch sale and distribute between the 4-H Youth Development Foundation and FFA, previously Texas Future Farmers of America.
The sale includes 100% of all owned oil and gas well rights, existing and future royalty income streams.
Approximately 1,000 head of purebred cattle, and more. Cattle are not included in the asking price but are negotiable.
Movie rights are not included for the film “Deep in the Heart”. An independent film with a sequel in the works. The 2011 Austin Film Festival’s “top 5 must-see films” is based on the true-life story of Richard Wallrath and his tale of fortune, fame, tragedy and triumph in Texas. Movie rights are not included in the asking price but are negotiable.
“Deep in the Heart,” a motion picture movie starring Jon Gries, Val Kilmer, Elaine Hendrix, DB Sweeney, Rheagan Wallace and James Haven is the inspirational and true story of Richard Wallrath. There is even a sequel in pre-production.
Champion Ranch Oil and Gas:
- 100% of owned mineral rights and oil & gas income convey, no reservations.
- 36 ranch wells
- 16 producing wells. 12 horizontals / 4 verticals
Champion Ranch Cattle:
- 825 cows
- 191 heifers
- 38 bulls
Ranch Capacity: 1,200 Head during normal rainfall and temperate years
Champion Ranch Water Sources:
- 15 water wells
- 3 of which are 10" wells
- 78± acre lake, stocked with bass & catfish
- 20+ smaller lakes & ponds throughout the ranch (most stocked with bass & catfish)
- Keechi Creek runs through the middle of the ranch (North to South)
- Beaver Creek runs northern boundary of the ranch
- A natural wetland is located on the NE corner of the ranch
Champion Ranch Improvements:
- 3,992 sq. ft., Built 2002, 3 bed/2 bath
- Car Port (960 sq. ft.)
- Guest Quarters (660 sq. ft.)
- Weight Room (600 sq. ft.)
- Office/Museum (1,600 sq. ft.), Built 2014
- Swimming Pool
Second Owners House
- 4,500 sq. ft., Built 2014, 4 bed / 4.5 bath
- 2,698 sq. ft., Remodeled in 2013, 3 bed / 3.5 bath
- Carport (532 sq. ft.)
- Metal Shop / Covered swimming pool (1,290 sq. ft.)
- Bath house (744 sq. ft.)
- 2,676 sq. ft., Built 2012, sleeps 16+ people
- Family room, kitchen, breakfast bar, dining area, utility room with washer, dryer, and storage, "unused" smoke house, picnic pavilion with BBQ pit, concrete sidewalks, and burn pit with overlooking view.
6 Additional Houses
- all have updates
Horse Barn and Stables
- 11,800 sq. ft., Built 2008
- apartment living quarters and bath, 2 offices, tack room, bathroom, music control room, horse wash area, horse walker, round working pen, paved drive and parking.
- 52,500 sq. ft., Built 2001
- grand stands, rodeo bucking chutes, pens, paved entry
- 2,160 sq. ft., Built 2001
- Livestock auction style sale arena with theater type seating, ticket/bookkeeping office area. Pens connect with covered arena, paved drive entry, central air & heat.
- 2,208 sq. ft., Built 2012
- 2 bathrooms, seats 130 people, dance floor, large bar and back bar, piano, bandstand, sound system for bands or public speaking, large covered porch with lounge chairs and tables, central air and heating, ceiling fans, fully furnished.
- 2,400 sq. ft., Built 1992
- 2 bathrooms, conference room, 2 large offices, 2 smaller offices, reception desk and reception area with seating, fully furnished, central air and heat, internet and satellite services, electric entry gate, paved entry and parking, covered porch with rocking chairs.
Covered Working Barn with Pens
- 26,090 sq. ft., Built 1984
- Remodeled several times since it was built, bathroom, tack room, feed room, horse stalls, hydraulic working chutes and numerous sorting pens. Paved entry and parking, 18-wheeler and cattle trailer loading area, and numerous outside holding pens.
- 6,250 sq. ft., Built 2012
- With apartment living quarters, 2 baths, 2 walk-in coolers, 4 large "roll-up" doors, covered parking, electric gate, white rock entry and parking, peach processing table for washing and sort
Tractor Equipment Shed and Shop
- 2,880 sq. ft., Built 1984
- Shop with tools for working on equipment, overhead fuel tanks, overhead bulk feed bins, pipe racks for pipe storage, paved entry and parking.
- 1,800 sq. ft., Built 1980's
- Ranch maintenance storage area and shop for lawn mowers, carpentry tools, lumber, etc.
Smoke House & Processing Facility
- 500 sq. ft.