ICON GLOBAL EXCLUSIVE
BLACK WILLOW RANCH
Watrous + Valmora, New Mexico
16 miles from Las Vegas, NM
1 hour from Santa Fe
1.5 hours from Taos
As the name implies Black Willow Trees line the Mora River as it meanders through the ranch. Imagine kayaking through the rock outcroppings and then drifting under the shade of the willows.
This ranch is both rugged and refined. It’s wild yet tame. It’s what makes it a One of One.
The history here is a tangible experience for guests. They are offered a glimpse into the past with the historically renovated homestead which includes the adobe barn, circa 1862. You can see and touch the history, hear the wildlife, feel the mountain wind, taste the seeds of the pinyon pine trees and smell nature as it should be – all natural.
This is where flocks of wild turkeys roam and seasonal herds of elk move through the rugged northern country. You will even find an occasional bear roaming the hillsides.
As a legacy family ranch this property offers a place for everyone, animals included. The multiple housing options provide the space needed to entertain along with offering privacy for family members to have their own space. No expense was spared with the recent infrastructure that was added. Quality roads and bridges were built to last a lifetime. This ranch has been preserved and conserved and is ready to be handed to the next steward.
• 4.5 miles of the mora river - live water & wildlife riparian corridor
& huge cottonwood “Vegas”
• historic senior water diversion rights (1000-acre feet) and
• historic - highly productive improved headquarters, cattle &
horse infrastructure, and owner’s residences
• highly productive & improved grasslands, juniper ponderosa,
piñon forest uplands and scenic canyons
• moderate year-round climate, elevation 6500’- 7,500-foot elevation
• proximity - easy access to town: Las Vegas, Santa Fe & Taos
• excellent cattle & wildlife well water distribution fences &
• natural Beauty - scenic views of Sangre de Christo Rocky
Mountains and Turkey Mountain ranges
Contact us for more information by confidential and pre-qualified request.