Rio Bonito - A rich and incredible piece of Texas history. With 14,950 ± Acres (25 square miles) the legendary and historic Rio Bonito Ranch is nestled in the heart of the coveted Texas Hill Country just 90 miles from San Antonio with a one-mile-long private lake, multiple spring feed creeks, exceptional wildlife, premier fishing, Live Oak tree lined foothills and a mix of limestone rock cliffs and incredible vistas. Owned by one of the founding families of Texas for 87 years, this ranch has never been on the market until now. Architecturally and historically significant, this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for the next steward of this iconic property.
• Iconic Historic never before sold Texas Ranch - Owned by the Moody Family, one of the founding families of Texas, for almost 100 years
• 14,950 ± Acres in Kerr and Kimble Counties, Texas
• 90 miles northwest of San Antonio
• Accessible directly off of I-10 in between Kerrville and Junction
• Approximately 25 square miles nestled in the heart of the coveted Texas Hill Country with Live Oak tree lined foothills and a mix of limestone rock cliffs and incredible vistas
• 28,000 sq/ft Spanish Style Hacienda Compound with 19 bedrooms designed by acclaimed architect, "Carl Jules Weyl". Mr. Weyl whose style and works are featured and referenced in many books, designed several 1930s Hollywood homes of that period, now famous and exclusive properties, including the Brown Derby Restaurant. Notably, Weyl won an Academy Award in the category Best Art Direction for the film The Adventures of Robin Hood in 1938. He was the Art Director for the Academy Award winning movie Casablanca in 1942. He was also nominated in the same category, Best Art Direction, for the film Mission to Moscow in 1943.
• Water throughout the ranch with multiple springs and 11 working windmills
• Johnson Fork Creek, a main tributary of the Llano River, runs over 4.5 miles across the western portion property
• Private 1 mile long spring fed Moody Lake
• An Exceptional Wildlife, Hunting and Fishing Retreat
- High Concentration of White-Tailed Deer
- 17 Species of Exotic Game, Rio Grande Turkey & Wild Russian Boar Hogs
- Premier Bass Fishing
- Multiple lakes across the property
• Estate Liquidation