Red River Ranch | 6,370± acres | Red River, Texas $16,562,000
This 6,370+/- acre irrigated farm includes approximately 4,820+/- acres of tillable cropland. 1,080+/- acres are under pivot irrigation with recently installed T & L pivots, each supported by multiple 36” alluvial gravel pack wells. The irrigated ground is surrounded by mesh wire fencing. 514 +/- acres of sub-surface field tile drainage have been installed to further improve production capability, and 40 Acres +/- sub-surface tile research irr-drain project have also been added. The remaining 1,420+/- acres form the balance of the operation which could be expanded significantly by reallocating this pasture to tillable land.
The significant, remaining portion of the property of approximately 3,000 acres is currently dedicated to the cattle operation. All pastures have been improved through weed control and intensive grass management.
This significant farm and cattle ranch combo property is on the banks of the Red River just West of US Hwy 37 and has tremendous potential to carry a large herd. Ample water is available throughout, and good fencing and cross-fencing exist with centralized working pens and load-out facilities. Structural improvements include 60,000 bushel grain storage, a 10,000 square feet machinery and hay storage building, a shop, and three houses at the headquarters.
1. 6,370 acres in Red River County
2. 4,835+/- tillable acres
3. 1,080 acres are under pivot irrigation, planted in corn
4. 1,400 acres available for irrigation expansion
5. 550 +/- acres in subsurface tile drainage systems (part of this is irri-drain)
6. Three T & L Pivots, with 3-phase power installation underway
7. Intensive cattle operation with excellent cross fencing
8. 3 Houses on Site, and Working Pens
9. Annual rainfall is 42-45 inches
10. Northwestern Red River County
11. 140 miles from Dallas