Pecan Plantation | 1,500± acres | Granbury, Texas | $27,000,000
• Sitting in the center of north central Texas is a unique land mass resembling a
peninsula, almost completely surrounded by the Brazos River. The river was first
called Brazos de Dios by Spanish explorers, meaning Arms of God.
• 1,500± acres of operating pecan orchard within the unincorporated community of
Pecan Plantation, Hood County, Texas.
• Property owned, developed, & operated by one family for 70 years.
• Highest & best use is the continuing development of the pecan orchard as
residential home sites.
• Pecan Plantation is a secure gated community of over 6,000 residents, with over 3,000
homes, & listed by CNBC as the 6th best suburb for retirement in the U.S.
• Residents are part of a community consisting of these key advantages:
- Surrounded by 17 miles of the scenic Brazos River.
- Governed by a homeowners’ association.
- Very reasonable dues & fees, as well as reasonable taxes.
- A full-service country club.
- Two 18-hole golf courses.
- Two private airports.
- A marina on Lake Granbury.
- Gated 24-hour security.
- Community center, Equestrian center, walking & riding trails, parks & picnic areas.
- Commercial center featuring a bank, grocery store, medical center, pharmacy, plus other businesses & services.
- Seven miles from historic Granbury, one hour to downtown Fort Worth, 1.5 hours to DFW International Airport.
• Offering consists of the opportunity to:
- Develop up to 1,165 additional residential lots within Pecan Plantation, located in a high growth area of Texas.
• Substantial portion of infrastructure in place, such as, main water distribution & sewer collection lines, as well as major access & interior roads.
• Concept plan pre-approved by Hood County.
• Electricity, telephone & internet readily available.
- Continue the operation of a historic benefitted major pecan orchard, with:
• Management & staff in place.
• Completely irrigated with modern drip system, with adequate water
contracts with Brazos River Authority.
• Fully equipped with machinery & equipment for operations.
• Barns, sheds & cleaning plant to support the pecan operations.
• Key advantages to prospective owner:
- Located in a proven & vibrant community.
- Extensive infrastructure would save years & substantial capital expenditure in start-up preparations for a developer/homebuilder.
- Relatively easy permitting & approval processes.
- Opportunities to acquire related businesses that would assist in offsetting holding costs over time.
- Marketing advantages of developing a property with the beauty of mature pecan trees pre-landscaping most of the property.
- The undeveloped land (pecan orchard), is income producing, therefore offsetting much of the interim holding costs.