Pecan Plantation | 1,500± acres | Granbury, Texas | $27,000,000
• Sitting in the center of north central Texas is a unique land mass resembling a
peninsula, almost completely surrounded by the Brazos River. The river was first
called Brazos de Dios by Spanish explorers, meaning Arms of God.
• 1,500± acres of operating pecan orchard within the unincorporated community of
Pecan Plantation, Hood County, Texas.
• Property owned, developed, & operated by one family for 70 years.
• Highest & best use is the continuing development of the pecan orchard as
residential home sites.
• Pecan Plantation is a secure gated community of over 6,000 residents, with over 3,000
homes, & listed by CNBC as the 6th best suburb for retirement in the U.S.
• Residents are part of a community consisting of these key advantages:
- Surrounded by 17 miles of the scenic Brazos River.
- Governed by a homeowners’ association.
- Very reasonable dues & fees, as well as reasonable taxes.
- A full-service country club.
- Two 18-hole golf courses.
- Two private airports.
- A marina on Lake Granbury.
- Gated 24-hour security.
- Community center, Equestrian center, walking & riding trails, parks & picnic areas.
- Commercial center featuring a bank, grocery store, medical center, pharmacy, plus other businesses & services.
- Seven miles from historic Granbury, one hour to downtown Fort Worth, 1.5 hours to DFW International Airport.
• Offering consists of the opportunity to:
- Develop up to 1,165 additional residential lots within Pecan Plantation, located in a high growth area of Texas.
• Substantial portion of infrastructure in place, such as, main water distribution & sewer collection lines, as well as major access & interior roads.
• Concept plan pre-approved by Hood County.
• Electricity, telephone & internet readily available.
- Continue the operation of a historic benefitted major pecan orchard, with:
• Management & staff in place.
• Completely irrigated with modern drip system, with adequate water
contracts with Brazos River Authority.
• Fully equipped with machinery & equipment for operations.
• Barns, sheds & cleaning plant to support the pecan operations.
• Key advantages to prospective owner:
- Located in a proven & vibrant community.
- Extensive infrastructure would save years & substantial capital expenditure in start-up preparations for a developer/homebuilder.
- Relatively easy permitting & approval processes.
- Opportunities to acquire related businesses that would assist in offsetting holding costs over time.
- Marketing advantages of developing a property with the beauty of mature pecan trees pre-landscaping most of the property.
- The undeveloped land (pecan orchard), is income producing, therefore offsetting much of the interim holding costs.
This ranch is being offered For Sale and is Exclusively Listed by Icon Global Group with Briggs Freeman Sotheby’s International Realty. Buyer’s Broker must be identified on first contact, must accompany buying prospect on first showing and continue to fully engage in any and all negotiations and communications to qualify for fee participation. Fee participation will be at the sole discretion of the Listing Broker. All prospects will be required to provide proof of funds prior to scheduling a showing. The information contained herein has been collected from sources deemed reliable, however, Icon Global or its Brokers, Agents or Representatives cannot guarantee the accuracy of such information. Prospects, Buyers, Buyer’s Brokers and Representatives should verify all information and conduct their own diligence, property inspections and document review to their own satisfaction.